Discover the magical world of Zec Kipawa where grandeur and isolation impose an unparalleled experience. The Saseginaga River, Lac des Cinq Milles and Lac Ostaboningue mark out the route of this course which sits at the heart of a beautiful range of wild landscapes.
In the evening, the silence and the great darkness go hand in hand, to the great pleasure of canoeists in search of plenitude. You will contemplate a sky dotted with so many stars that it turns silver.
- Be 12 years of age or older;
- Be in good physical shape;
- Have a health condition without limitation of movement and not requiring rapid hospitalization without means of prevention.
- Branch of the river in the heart of a magnificent nature in the wild;
- Splendor of the Rapids;
- Idyllic beach of Lake Ostaboningue.
- French-speaking professional guide;
- Canoe equipment (canoe, safety equipment, paddle, PFD, etc.);
- Barrel and waterproof bag;
- Group equipment (kitchen, stove, tarp);
- Regional flavor meals: 2 breakfasts | 3 dinners | 2 dinners;
- Accommodation (2 nights) in wild camping (tent, sleeping bag and ground mattress);
- The road shuttle: return transport from the Coop's reception desk to the place of expedition.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Your clothes;
- Your personal material;
- Your snacks;
- Tip to the guide. - * Tipping is a financial compensation that varies between $10 and $30 per day per person depending on your level of appreciation of your guide's services. We base ourselves on the standards of the tourism industry. This information is for illustrative purposes only. Thanks
TASTE OF THE ITINERARY (DAYTIME)
Day 1- Road shuttle and canoe from Albert stream to Lac des Cinq Milles
8.7km 3 hours
ALBERT CREEK | SASEGINAGA RIVER | LAC DES CINQ MILLES - The adventure begins on the Albert stream to familiarize you with the different strokes of the paddle before joining the Saseginaga river where you are engulfed in a beautiful invigorating forest. A first short portage allows you to untie your legs while admiring the cascading water. At the end of the day, you reach the Lac des Cinq Milles surrounded by rounded hills covered with resplendent forests. At the mouth, if luck smiles on you, you may surprise a beaver. An island welcomes you for a well-deserved rest.
Day 2- Lac des Cinq Milles to Lac Ostaboningue
16.2 km 6 hours
FIVE-MILE LAKE | SASEGINAGA RIVER | LAKE OSTABONINGUE - Several strokes of the paddle on the long and narrow sheet of water of Lac des Cinq Milles bring you back to the Saseginaga River. A first portage with a bridge offers you a splendid view of the water which descends the relief in several cascades. You continue your journey enjoying the privilege of sliding through this padded forest on a narrow river. A second short portage and a small whitewater section enhance your daily route. After leaving the meanders of the river, a huge sandy beach becomes your end-of-day refuge on the shores of the fabulous Lake Ostaboningue, a favorite spot in the area for watching magnificent sunsets.
Day 3- Crossing Lake Ostaboningue from East to West
5.2km 2 hours
LAKE OSTABONINGUE - At sunrise, barefoot, you enjoy a walk on the long beach before returning to your canoe. Stung by the experience, you savor your last paddle strokes on one of the beautiful and large bodies of water in the area to reach the launching ramp which marks the end of your journey in this land of adventure.